Installing a new bathroom starts with removing the old one. This is easier said than done because there is a lot involved in breaking down tile work and getting the space ready before you can start decorating. On this page you can read everything you need to know about installing a bathroom, including removing the debris and waste. Do you need a container? Then you can of course go to salesbak.nl.
To keep the time between the old bathroom and the new one as short as possible, installing a bathroom does not start with demolition but on paper. Or on the computer and a smartphone is also possible. You start with a plan. In that plan you describe what needs to be demolished, how you will dispose of residual materials and what the new situation will look like. Make a list of things to consider, preferably in a way that you can quickly change the order or change parts. It is certainly not wrong to put a price tag on everything. This does not have to be very accurate, but this way you quickly get an idea of where the largest cost items are located.
Does installing a new bathroom take a lot of time? This can be very easy depending on the plan. Does it cost a lot of money? Again, there are many options here. When budgeting, be sure to look at the total lifespan. Tile work that lasts 20 years may cost a bit more than tiles that need to be replaced after 10 years. These are the main tasks you will encounter when installing the bathroom:
- Remove plumbing and other facilities.
- Demolition of fixed elements and removal of old pipes.
- Disposal of waste in a container.
- Install new electricity.
- Laying new pipes.
- Apply stucco.
- Apply tiling.
- Place equipment.
- Taking care of finishing.
There can be more or fewer parts per project. For example, if you want to move the pipes to create space for a bathtub, the work will be considerably more. This also applies to electricity. Always check the condition of the facilities. Even if you don't have to move the pipes, they must be in good condition. It would of course be a shame if you have to replace the pipes after a few years, then the entire bathroom has to open again.
The costs can vary from a few thousand euros to tens of thousands of euros. This not only has to do with the surface in meters but especially with the changes that take place. If the pipes and electricity are not changed, this will save a lot in costs. If you can dispose of waste as rubble instead of residual waste, you will also save. Waste separation does not have to involve much extra work, a container for rubble is considerably cheaper than a container for residual waste. Check out afbakbak.nl what the options and rates are, including delivery and collection of the container.
The quality of the tiles and sanitary ware also influence the total price. You will certainly have to take into account the quality and longevity. If you are having trouble getting it financially, you can consider a personal loan or open a construction deposit in addition to your mortgage. The costs for a loan can turn out to be cheaper than having to install a new bathroom relatively quickly because less quality materials have been used.
Do you have to install the new bathroom yourself or is it better to outsource it? This choice partly has to do with the knowledge and experience that the resident has. There are quite a lot of specific skills involved, if you are not that handy then it might be better to have the bathroom installed by a specialized company. In that case, ask for references, read online reviews and make clear agreements. The lead time can be very short, waiting for a specialized company to become available will take considerably longer.
Map out your wishes in advance. You will be making decisions that you will have to live with for years to come. For example, think of:
- The color and shade you choose has a lot of influence on the ambiance in the room. Light tones make a small room appear larger.
- If you have to install underfloor heating, you should already take this into account when planning. Determine whether the sink needs to be moved or the shower connection will be adjusted because of the new tub.
- Electricity and water do not mix well, so it is very important that the power supply is in perfect order. It is certainly possible to install multiple power points.
- Make sure that the tiling is high enough for the tub, shower and the rest of the room. You can tile the entire room, but you don't have to.
- Edges must be well sealed and tiling must offer sufficient protection against (splash) water.
- If there is little or no natural lighting, you can hang lighting with daylight color temperature. Sufficient light is of course always important, the sun will also set with windows.
- Separate waste and dispose of it sorted. Afzetbak.nl delivers empty containers and takes them with you later, so you can easily solve waste processing.
Having a new bathroom installed not only takes less time, it can be cheaper than doing it yourself. Professionals work quickly, they know and avoid possible pitfalls and the result is optimal.
Preferably choose floor tiles that are slightly roughened to prevent slipping. The electricity must of course be professionally placed in the bathroom, this applies to both sockets and cables in the wall. The pipes must also be properly installed, in addition to the diameter, the material is also important. For example, there should be no leakage.
When chopping and breaking, preferably wear a mask and ensure good ventilation. If it concerns an older home, check whether asbestos may be present. If this is the case, you must report this. Asbestos-containing materials may not be disposed of via a container, special legislation is in force for this.
Ventilation is also important after the bathroom. This way you can prevent mold from forming in this damp room. In addition to windows that you can open, you can also have a ventilation system installed. This way you prevent moisture problems in the house.